Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

No Police?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

No Police? Empty
PostSubject: No Police?   No Police? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 2:57 am

Just curious about when we will be getting no police zones on Vasatissa. We were told pre-launch that it would have extensive no police, seedy areas and an expansive underground sewer system. I have not been able to find either. We were told post launch that no police zones for vasatissa were a top priority and coming asap. Still havent seen one.

I think this would help alot to give the 'seedy' characters a place to go so they wont have to get in blasterfights in the spaceport and OOCly upset everyone else who is busy standing there idling/not posing.
Back to top Go down
rcrantz
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
rcrantz

No Police? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Police?   No Police? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:26 am

Yes, there needs to be a place for criminals to get their crime on without doing it in full view of the cops. It's getting silly.
Back to top Go down
Kez
Fledgling
Fledgling
Kez

No Police? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Police?   No Police? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:34 am

I like that idea, i could walk into the Space port, and not get caught up in a gun fight. Laughing
Back to top Go down
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

No Police? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Police?   No Police? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:37 am

I realize that Vasatissa is a civilized law abiding world and that shooting up a spaceport is ridiculous and should get you arrested in about 5 seconds.

But our combat monkeys, love them or hate them, are often times the people who make scenes happen - And turn them into larger scenes. They are an integral part of any MU, even if frequently irritating. The way DH2 has been setup does not permit these people to reasonably play their characters - It only allows for ridiculous, over the top violation of local laws.
Back to top Go down
rcrantz
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
rcrantz

No Police? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Police?   No Police? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 3:59 am

Yes; on DH1, not only were there no-police areas, there was pretty much the entirety of the Rim, where random violence was pretty much a thing that happened. It was easy for people to take out their violent urges without constantly fighting in the middle of cop central. With the exception of the Gendaryll restaurant, which snipers seemed to camp in just because it was a high-traffic place that you could snipe, and every +event that didn't have violence built in (and several that did), criminal disruption didn't happen too often on lawful worlds.

Hopefully it will also mean the law enforcement will step up actual punishments for doing it on law-heavy worlds.
Back to top Go down
Mr.T
Wizard
Mr.T

No Police? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Police?   No Police? EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 12:04 pm

Vasa is probably the most criminal unfriendly world we will have with the possible exception of Rienna. I expect Byss (New Nar Shaddaa?) and Coruscant will have no shortage of areas where the authorities wont dare to tread. I'm not certain yet but I get the feeling that Corellia and Kuat will likely not be too far behind them.

That said, there are a few no police rooms on Vasa but not very many and they are out of the way. The planet really could use some more havens for criminals. Page or mail me with ideas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No Police? Empty
PostSubject: Re: No Police?   No Police? Empty

Back to top Go down

No Police?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: Dark Horizons :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: