Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RP no nos.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

RP no nos. Empty
PostSubject: RP no nos.   RP no nos. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:38 am

Here are some:

Barging into a room with no +check and immediately notifying the room and scene in progress that you enter in sneak mode with a gun in hand and no one can see you, despite the room preventing this from being at all reasonable, despite no check being made , despite that player lacking the stealth skill.

Paging players and telling them that you've destroyed their building by collapsing the roof (With no storyteller involvement and no RP) and asking that they put in a request to staff to make this a reality.

OOCly berating players who attack you for perfectly good IC reason, then continuing to OOCly page and bother them even after they ask you to stop.

Generally demanding to do things that require a storyteller or, at least, a players agreement. Being an unreasonable tool when people disagree with your outlandish demands.

If you are going to do stuff like this, please page a storyteller first or atleast get a player consensus. You are not a staffer and you do not get to decide things like this on your own. /vent off.

Last edited by #748 on Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

RP no nos. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP no nos.   RP no nos. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 8:43 am

Add:

OOCly threatening people with your IC skills/connections. "You're f$*%*@, I work for Toma the Hutt, he's going to make you pay you stupid fool!" via page.
Back to top Go down
Firehawk
Wizard
Firehawk

RP no nos. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP no nos.   RP no nos. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 10:55 am

Uh... yes. That's true.

But if someone is doing this, you should contact a staffer.
Back to top Go down
Tah
Emeritus Wizard
Tah

RP no nos. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP no nos.   RP no nos. EmptySun Aug 16, 2009 11:15 am

News player rules.
Back to top Go down
MandalorianPride
Fledgling
Fledgling
MandalorianPride

RP no nos. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP no nos.   RP no nos. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:05 am

I think this is all common sense? Why post an angry thread when you can page a staffer.
Back to top Go down
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

RP no nos. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP no nos.   RP no nos. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Good question, why make a thread for the fairly obvious?

I'm not interested in going through my buffer and chopping up logs, sending them into a staffer, and then getting into a pissing contest about the event from my character object on the MU. It will not be productive and will result in a "Please dont do this" to the specific player, who has been doing this for a very long time without reproach because people feel sorry for him.

My thought was that exposing the behavior as totally inappropriate on the forum would generate enough agreement that perhaps the player would see that "Hey, i'm being a tool".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RP no nos. Empty
PostSubject: Re: RP no nos.   RP no nos. Empty

Back to top Go down

RP no nos.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: Dark Horizons :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: