Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Combat Airpower

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Bogey
Fledgling
Fledgling

Combat Airpower Empty
PostSubject: Combat Airpower   Combat Airpower EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 9:38 pm

One thing that I would like to see is a +strafe and +bomb command when dealing with Starfighters or other airborne assets versus armies. The strafe would deal out more damage to a wider spread of troops than what you are getting now. It is kind of silly to be opening up with your lasers on a huge group of troops, only to kill one person or injure only one person. If you had a coded torpedo or missile, use it as a +bomb and this would be an even more devastating attack....same thing versus armor and the like. Also, if you take a look at the cost of shooting (in fuel) versus the actual damage you are doing to an army, it doesn't really equate.

Right now I like the fact that PCs on foot, in armor, in the air, all can interact. I think thats great, but I think some tweaking is in dire need.
Back to top Go down
Mr.T
Wizard
Mr.T

Combat Airpower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Airpower   Combat Airpower EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 8:39 am

I second that but then I don't know if you could find many people who wouldn't.
Back to top Go down
Bakrak
Fledgling
Fledgling

Combat Airpower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Airpower   Combat Airpower EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:22 pm

I would also suggest starfighters and tanks/artillery act in a similar manner when attacking armies. I am fine with how it works against PCs from what I have seen. It is a bit disappointing that a rocket launcher kills 20-30 people in an army, but tank and starfighter blasts kills no more than one. However, how hard this is to code and how overworked the staff is already, I doubt this is a huge priority now that the largest portion of the battle of Vasatissa is over.
Back to top Go down
Gulp
Game Owner
Gulp

Combat Airpower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Airpower   Combat Airpower EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:36 am

It's one of those 'we already made a note to fix it, process has begun' things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Combat Airpower Empty
PostSubject: Re: Combat Airpower   Combat Airpower Empty

Back to top Go down

Combat Airpower
Page 1 of 1