Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Escapes docking

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 2:16 pm

Sort of a touchy issue and I was hoping for a bit of input on what is the best way to handle this. As many of you know, +escape does not work. Many times people are using escapes during scenes that are late at night or early in the morning when no wizard may be around to dock them. How can we really be sure that these people are reporting these and being docked properly outside of paging the person or a wizard and sounding innately suspicious?

Is it best to just not worry about stuff like this? If they say they'll have it removed, they will?
Back to top Go down
Kibble
Nub--Newbie?!
Nub--Newbie?!
Kibble

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 4:19 pm

You can always have one staffer that everyone agrees to send a quick @mail to or something. This way it isn't just relying on the honesty of one particular person.

Discussing escapes, if we get one per level we go up, I need someone to fix me. I'm down by one escape.
Back to top Go down
Royal Jelly
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Royal Jelly

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:04 pm

I believe it goes by DH1 increase of 1 +escape/5 levels.
Back to top Go down
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 7:29 pm

Not really what I was posting about, but

Gulp said at launch that the system is 3 escapes maximum - you gain 1 escape every time you level but you can never go over 3. Not sure when/if this changed?
Back to top Go down
Umbral Reaver
Vagrant
Vagrant
Umbral Reaver

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 pm

As far as I can tell, none of the code to handle escapes in any way is in effect. Right?
Back to top Go down
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 10:52 pm

As far as I know (assuming Royal Jelly is not correct, which he/she may be), +escape is broken and awarding escapes upon leveling is broken.
Back to top Go down
Kibble
Nub--Newbie?!
Nub--Newbie?!
Kibble

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 10:58 am

I got an escape when I leveled, I just didn't get one EVERY time I leveled (even though I was under the 3 maximum allowed). So it's not really broken, just slightly? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Royal Jelly
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Royal Jelly

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:08 am

You know, I think I am wrong. I had hoped the system had not changed - after all, it was working in DH1. However +help +escape is very unhelpful in providing numbers, so your guess is as good as mine.
Back to top Go down
Umbral Reaver
Vagrant
Vagrant
Umbral Reaver

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 12:15 pm

Whether you get an escape or not at any given level is determined by your star sign. You do not choose your star sign. You are randomly assigned one upon finishing chargen. You are not told your star sign. You must discover it through trial and error.

This was put in place to discourage min-maxing.
Back to top Go down
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 1:21 pm

I've been under 3 escapes and have not gained one for 2 levels. Also put in numerous @mails about it but no response. So who knows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Escapes docking Empty
PostSubject: Re: Escapes docking   Escapes docking Empty

Back to top Go down

Escapes docking
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: Dark Horizons :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: