Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ownerships

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Firehawk
Wizard
Firehawk

Ownerships Empty
PostSubject: Ownerships   Ownerships EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:33 am

Hey Guys,

So I'm curious... in your opinions, what would be on-par with ship ownership. Say compare a small-speedy quasi-starfighter (think the thing Obi-Wan flew in Episode 2) or a small freighter or shuttle (for larger crews) all about the same in cost and performance...

What would be on-par with that? Not just in costs... but in cool-factor and fun-factor and RP-factor. A ship lets you get around, sure. So that is really good. But what else? A landspeeder of sorts? A shop? A house/apt/room?

Also note that it shouldn't be something that gives too much of an advantage ICly. Sure, a ship is an advantage vs not having one.

So what could match up to a ship? Anything?
Back to top Go down
VothAlscace
Nub--Newbie?!
Nub--Newbie?!

Ownerships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ownerships   Ownerships EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 9:40 am

I say an IC shop (not really a house) is probably on par with it. Even if the ship doesn't make you money, a shop, what with its process of upkeep and business, seems more equivalent to owning a ship.
Back to top Go down
Umbral Reaver
Vagrant
Vagrant
Umbral Reaver

Ownerships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ownerships   Ownerships EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 6:29 pm

Having been an owner of an IC building for a while now, I'd say I'd give it up for even the most junky ship in a heartbeat. My clinic doesn't do much but sap credits, and even when I had a medical vendor I had to pay full price for the equipment in addition to the upkeep of keeping it.
Back to top Go down
rcrantz
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
rcrantz

Ownerships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ownerships   Ownerships EmptySat Sep 26, 2009 5:32 pm

I'm all about things having actual utility. In Star Wars, even the junkiest ship is going to have a lot more utility than basically anything else. Even if I make a character geared towards ground combat, the very best suit of armor or the most badass weapon imaginable wouldn't make up for a lack of a ship. Even a tank or other ground-based vehicle falls short of the junkiest shuttle ever. I'm not sure if that's in coolness factor or just in 'what people want.' But a ship's a ship.
Back to top Go down
Malkleth
Fledgling
Fledgling

Ownerships Empty
PostSubject: +travel   Ownerships EmptyWed Sep 30, 2009 1:25 am

I personally think that implementing a cross-planet +travel is pretty mandatory. Much moreso than giving everyone some kind of ship
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ownerships Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ownerships   Ownerships Empty

Back to top Go down

Ownerships
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Star Wars: Dark Horizons :: Community :: General Discussion-
Jump to: