Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Weapon and Armor Enforcement

Go down 
+9
Royal Jelly
rcrantz
Stalker1
SOLDIERofficer81
Umbral Reaver
SexyBoy
Gulp
Mr.T
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
EepKanji
Fledgling
Fledgling
EepKanji

Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:36 am

Another one of those random little questions that may, now that I think about it, be slightly ridiculous. But here it goes anyway. Would something like this be entirely replacing @desc me=<blah>? Or would it be more like the look <player> now, and you see their description as well as the clothing items they customized in chargen?
Back to top Go down
Gulp
Game Owner
Gulp

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:44 am

The multidescer will replace straight-up @desc. You set your desc-image (and can change and update it); the second paragraph, which deals with clothing, is automated.
Back to top Go down
Mr.T
Wizard
Mr.T

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 7:35 am

To clarify and restate what gulp said: You can have more than one paragraph in your desc image which functions just like your normal description. But the last paragraph that will show up on 'look' details your clothing.
Back to top Go down
Gulp
Game Owner
Gulp

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:57 am

Right, I was unclear.

A desc will look something like this:

Gulp is fifty feet tall. He has pink hair and golden eyes.

When he talks, everyone shivers with incontinent glee, imagining his smooth voice stroking their skin.

He is clad in black shell armor three inches thick, which hinders movement and makes it difficult to see him. There is a red symbol on his breastplate in the shape of a six-pointed star.

STATUS: Gulp is a Rancor Male in excellent condition. He is unarmed and is wearing Sith'ari Armor.
Back to top Go down
wing omega
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:18 pm

Shouldn't that be "When he talks everyone who hears him swears off drinking for a while." I mean a talking rancor?
Back to top Go down
Exile
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Silly, easy suggestion for people not wanting too much similarity in garments out of CG.

Put a Booth in CG and a big stock of materials. Two problems with one stone! You teach people how to use the booth before they hit the grid (I remember helping many players with that, some who had been around months since the booths hit the grid) and someone gets to design their starting outfit.

Voila!
Back to top Go down
Mr.T
Wizard
Mr.T

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Not a bad idea at all. I like it.
Back to top Go down
Royal Jelly
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Royal Jelly

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:27 pm

That sounds pretty good. Descs have always brought up a few questions, as well as where to get clothes. Kill two birds with one stone, right in chargen.

How horribly humiliating would it be to show up, brand new, on Vasatissa, wearing only a birthday suit? (Ladies, holomail me.)
Back to top Go down
Mr.T
Wizard
Mr.T

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 2:56 pm

We could give players the option of 'create your own clothing' in chargen or the option to spare themselves the effort and take some generic clothing.
Back to top Go down
Gulp
Game Owner
Gulp

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 9:19 pm

We'll probably allow custom clothing creation as an option, with default randomized garments based on race, sex, and factional affiliation (i.e. new Sith probably start in crisp Sith uniforms).
Back to top Go down
yaala
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2009 12:07 am

Auto-updated descs? Neat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weapon and Armor Enforcement   Weapon and Armor Enforcement - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Weapon and Armor Enforcement
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2