Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DOCUMENTATION: Staff Oath

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tah
Emeritus Wizard
Tah

DOCUMENTATION: Staff Oath Empty
PostSubject: DOCUMENTATION: Staff Oath   DOCUMENTATION: Staff Oath EmptySun May 24, 2009 3:11 pm

*drumroll*

Without further ado...

This is our current documentation that entails the behavior that our future Staff should follow:

Each staff member must sign and read this before taking on the mantle of a Staffer.

I. My Purpose

I am here to improve and enrich the game atmosphere, and maintain an exciting, immersive, and high-quality game with the responsibilities I've been entrusted with. Be that helping fellow Staff members, running scenes, clearing up disputes, and overseeing players. I will always remember that I am a servant to the community, and always place the well-being of the game first over my personal goals within the game. I also understand that this is a volunteer job, and real life -always- comes first. I will always post and inform Staff using the forums when I am gone, and for how long, and why. If I find that due to real-life circumstances that I can no longer be on Staff in an active capacity, I will step down.

II. My Behavior

I will always treat players with respect and courtesy, even if I loathe them, or they don't return the same respect. I will never, ever reveal, imply or confirm my identity or any of my peer's identities as a Staff member, even if players suspect me or ask me (which they eventually will) and I will never communicate to players on my Staff account. If I must, I will do it through @mail or PM on the web forums. This is to maintain a vital barrier between players and Staff for confidentiality.

I will never leak secrets, including, but not limited to secrets on plots, game mechanics, building, or secrets of PCs in any medium to non-Staff (IM, e-mail, page, etc.) This means NO sharing the latest tidbit that Darth Vader secretly killed Emperor Palpatine, and has put a clone in his place (as a more dramatic example), or someone's character background to my buddies or any players. What's said and done in Staff, STAYS in Staff.

I will show no favoritism; this includes, but is not limited to other Staff members, characters of your buddies, and potentially the +factions you run. If there is a direct conflict of interest, such as a Storyteller being asked to run a Rogue Squadron vs. Sith battle in which his Rogue Squadron character is involved, I will immediately ask another available Staff member to take over, or if it's not possible, I will refuse to participate as a Staff member and give an excuse.

I will conduct myself in a trustworthy, professional and respectful manner to both my peers and players, and be an excellent example of good conduct that upholds the spirit of our rules and sportsmanship. I will never call players idiots, or call them anything offensive in front of any other players. If I must vent, I will explain that I need to vent, and do so with other Staff members.

I will never act rashly; I will get my facts straight before offering any definitive answer to players. Examples include, but are not limited to, answering coding and building questions, running a scene using confidential plot info, investigating an OOC dispute. Even if this means that the player in question has to wait a few days.

III. My Responsibilities

I understand that I am responsible for what I see and are a witness to – inaction can be a mistake. Only Staff on probation are an exemption to this rule (they must ask for permission before doing anything). I will accomplish my duties to the utmost of my abilities, and I fully understand our player policies and rules, and will not only be held accountable to them on top of Staff expectations, but will be expected to be a good example.

When I am logged in on my Staff account, I will take an active part in the gameworld and enrich the atmosphere for the players' enjoyment. If I am to be gone for more than several minutes, I will log off. I will not log in to simply idle and sit around. I understand that being a Staff member is both a privilege and an onerous task; I will work as hard as I can to improve the game through my duties.

While enjoying myself and playing my own character is important, I understand that by signing this Oath, I am placing my duties as a Staff member and the betterment of the game first. This means that should the need arise that I must drop what I'm doing as my own character to attend to Staff matters, I will do it in a prompt, and polite manner; I will make up an excuse and politely explain to other players why my character can no longer participate.

IV. Final Addendum

I will always keep in mind why I am here on Staff, and my first duty as a Staff member to help improve the game. I also understand that real life is the highest priority here, and SWDH should never precede it.

By signing this Oath, I am full and well aware of all regulations and rules that are expected of me as a Staff member, and I agree to follow them to my best ability and wholeheartedly.

Signed,

Your name here.
Back to top Go down
Tah
Emeritus Wizard
Tah

DOCUMENTATION: Staff Oath Empty
PostSubject: Re: DOCUMENTATION: Staff Oath   DOCUMENTATION: Staff Oath EmptySun May 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Staff Breach of Rules and Regulations

If you breach and break any of the rules that are within the SWDH Staff
Oath, and anything specified within your list of duties, punishments
can include:

Showing favoritism to your friends or people in your clan, and the
Staff Oath you agreed to follow – forced retirement of your character,
and put on probation, or depending on the severity of the infraction,
fired from Staff (permanently or temporarily, at the discretion of
Senior Staff) You will post a complete apology to the public.

Divulging Staff secrets of any kind (Staff identities, plot detail, character locations, etc.) to players, you will be fired.

Bullying other players and abusing Staff influence for your own
personal gain – depending on the severity of the infraction, it can be
as severe as being fired permanently, or temporarily, and the ban of
your character for a month. You will also be put on probation. You will
post a complete apology to the public.

If you break our trust in you as Staff on any of the infractions listed
above, or general breaches of the Staff Oath, you may put on probation
or at risk of being fired permanently or temporarily, and your
character will be banned for a time at the discretion of Senior Staff.

------

Please give us your constructive feedback and comments on it in the General Discussion forum. (What have we missed? What can be more explicitly stated? etc.)

-Tah
Back to top Go down

DOCUMENTATION: Staff Oath
Page 1 of 1