Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haibane
Vagrant
Vagrant
Haibane

Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha Empty
PostSubject: Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha   Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Planet Name: Kashpisha
Planet Function: Natural Resources, Luxury Goods
Government: Monarchy
Planet Type: Terrestrial
Terrain: Glacial
Gravity: Standard
Atmosphere: Type I (breathable)
Length of Day: 18 standard hours
Length of Year: 255 local days
Hydrosphere: Moist
Temperature: Cool
Population: 4,000,000
Starport: Standard Class
Demographics: 90% Human, 5% Twi’lek, 5% Other Species

Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha Kashpi11
The landscape of Kashpisha is sparsly populated and mostly untamed.

Kashpisha is a small terrestrial satellite of the gas giant Pisha III located in the Roche Sector. Originally founded as a commercial colony by the Yuan-Di Resources Corporation to mine the planet’s rich Aurum resources, Akihiko Quebec, foreman of the colony and great-great-grandfather of the current ruling family declared himself Emperor of Kashpisha when the parent company filed for bankruptcy. Akihiko’s title however was quickly challenged by his employees leading to a series of bloody struggles that culminated in the elimination of two thirds of the colony’s population.

Despite Akihiko’s views of his planet’s sovereignty Kashpisha continued to remain seen as a company asset to be divided up among creditors. Eventually a Republic bankruptcy court ruled that the planet’s ownership be turned over to Gallofree Investments. However when Gallofree sent company executives to formalize the transfer of ownership their transport was summarily destroyed by mercenaries employed by Akihiko. Further confrontation would have occurred but with the collapse of the Republic and the bankruptcy of Gallofree itself, the state of Kashpisha’s ownership and the colony itself soon fell forgotten by the galaxy.

Segregated from outside influences Akihiko developed a feudal system which enslaved the colony and transferred the majority of power and wealth to a select few. The colony would have likely spiraled into disrepair under his tyranny however his son did not share similar views in leadership and upon his father’s passing returned many freedoms to the people, preserving the colony’s future. In the following generations Kashpisha grew exponentially in populace by drawing many disillusioned immigrants through the lure of Aurum. Kashpisha’s shrewd taxation system insured that the majority of the wealth remained with the planet and many immigrants dreams of fortune crumbled to poverty and indentures which insured their permanent residency.

Through the generations the Quebec line has remained fiercely loyal to family traditions as well as the arts and maintains a constant preparation for warfare. Among the nobility many daily activities are steeped in rigid and lavish ancient customs that outsiders often view as forgotten and senseless. Regardless every noble child is taught a multitude of ritualistic dances and must master at least one bladed weapon and one instrument. Failure is met with strict discipline. For the nobility heavy costume is the usual, but for travel outside the courts, a royal uniform is acceptable. Because the nobility live separate from the rest of the populace they are often seen as overly prim and aloof.

The royal court's emphasis upon conversation, music, dance, and swordplay punctuates their otherwise predictable lives of opulence and indolence.

Demographically the overwhelming majority of Kashpisha is human, as alien species are generally not allowed permanent residency. Those that do live under a constant pressure of suspicion, treated with bare tolerance by both the nobility and commoners. Twi’lek comprise the main minority and live primarily around Kashpisha’s sole starport serving in the entertainment sector. Culturally Kashpisha is strongly oriental-Scandinavian in design, the peoples maintaining a very narrow bloodline though consistent arranged marriage. Dress usually is comprised of heavy garments to ward of the cool moist weather that comprises much of the year. Outside the capital, buildings are typically constructed to be in harmony with nature, doing as little as possible to impact the ecosystem. While there is no state religion, animal worship is frequent among the population with an emphasis upon the serpent and social insects. The circle and sphere are regarded as the greatest geometrical shapes and are used frequently in design.

Travelers to Kashpisha often see the planet as a chance to step back in time as ancient architecture, dress, food, and customs are a part of daily life, especially among the nobility. The royal court and the lesser nobility dwell entirely within the capital in an inner city. Commoners are only allowed entrance on new years or via invitation. Travelers are generally kept to the inner city so that they may be watched. Sight seeing of the planet’s majestic fjords and powerful waterfalls occur only under a noble’s supervision. Technology, while welcomed, is hidden as much as possible and the people generally try to avoid overdependence upon it. Travel usually occurs by beast of burden as only the nobility and sanctioned enterprise is allowed to operate repulsor technology.

Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha 24841310
The idyllic fjords of Kashpisha are popular among tourists.

With its short growing season, Kashpisha is dependant upon foodstuffs as its major import. Its mineral wealth and luxury art objects are its main exports. Geothermal energy fuels the entire populace. Outside of the capital, Quebec, there are no major cities as much of the planet is gripped in permanent winter. The parts of Kashpisha that see four seasons are mostly untamed and dangerous. Those improperly prepared often are caught off guard by the planet’s schizophrenic weather and wild indigenous species.

The current ruling family is comprised of the Emperor and his Empress who maintain a constant awareness and hand in Kashpisha’s affairs. Daily duties of the court are usually meted out among their fifteen heirs, children of both the Empress and the Emperor’s fluid harem. Official duties are shared among the First Five, the remainder serve merely as figureheads, spending the majority of their time frequenting the social events and living lives of opulence and indolence. Conflict and constant “one-upping” is frequent among the heirs, each trying to prove their value to the Emperor. New offspring are usually held in distain among the current heirs as it means just another individual to the competition. Generally few of the heirs get along with one another save the Seventh Princess, Suki, who somehow gets along with everyone and serves as an arbitrator for the constant family dysfunction.

Any PC seeking noble linage or a meerly different homeworld from what DH2 currently offers is welcome to be from Kashpisha.

• The First Five rarely leave Kashpisha and would make unlikely PCs.
  • The Sixth Princess is currently taken.
  • The Seventh Princess, Suki Quebec, may not be taken.
Back to top Go down
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

PostSubject: Re: Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha   Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 2:05 pm

Cool idea but is it really in the best interests of the MU to make planets that fit and revolve around a single player's character concept?

Or am I confused and you are just putting this out there as a place people can use in their BG, not an actual coded location?
Back to top Go down
yaala
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha   Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 3:52 pm

Its just a bg spot. It'll never be in the game.
Back to top Go down
Haibane
Vagrant
Vagrant
Haibane

PostSubject: Planet   Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 7:02 pm

I wrote up Kashpisha because there was no planet on grid that was noble other than Corellia. Gulp said I could write up any off grid planet that I wanted to be nobility of. I posted the spot mostly to aid whomwever was building my character hooks.

If Kashpisha were added to the grid that would be amazing but highly unlikely.

If anyone wants to use the planet in their background I would be happy to see that but again this is just a "me me me" post than anything else. Yes it was a lot of work to go to but there wasn't anything I was satisifed with. I don't blame anyone for our tiny DH2 grid. Too many planets is a problem.

Kashpisha might show up in a plot or something but again doubtful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha   Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha Empty

Back to top Go down

Player Generated Planet: Kashpisha
Page 1 of 1