Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Etiquette question.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

Etiquette question. Empty
PostSubject: Etiquette question.   Etiquette question. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 5:43 pm

Is it appropriate DH2 behavior for a non staff player to stop a scene, page another player and demand to know their IC justifaction for an action they took?
Back to top Go down
SexyBoy
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Etiquette question.   Etiquette question. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:02 pm

I'd say it's rude. I should not have to explain my character's reasons to anyone, let alone have someone demand them of me.

If a person does that, I suggest you keep RPing regardless of his "stopping the scene" or just pose leaving.

It's just common etiquette, I would say, and common sense.
Back to top Go down
Havohej
Fledgling
Fledgling
Havohej

PostSubject: Re: Etiquette question.   Etiquette question. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I might be a new kid on the block here, but I agree with the poster above me. My character has a lot of different motivations and is something of a schemer, so just because someone else knows something OOC about my character, that doesn't mean that person knows every IC motivation my character might have; some things I do IC might seem pretty unpredictable or random if another player is expecting me to behave based on the bits and pieces they know (OOCly) about what my Character is...

Which is to say, I don't feel I need to explain anything to anyone who isn't +staff.
Back to top Go down
http://eve-dfias.com
Tah
Emeritus Wizard
Tah

PostSubject: Re: Etiquette question.   Etiquette question. EmptyMon Aug 03, 2009 10:11 pm

No. Unless a staffer asks you your IC motivation, I'd say you are under no obligation to answer them.
Back to top Go down
Firehawk
Wizard
Firehawk

PostSubject: Re: Etiquette question.   Etiquette question. EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 1:57 am

I'd also say that it's none of their business. I know some players love to talk about what their character is thinking. I like that. Like I'll say "Oh yeah, I know it's a trap. But Agrippa is willing to bet his troops on your generosity."

But to STOP the scene? No.

Get over the suspicion, people. Twinking will happen. But we'll see it when it comes up regularly and we'll put a stop to it.

Don't forget, characters now all have hooks. Some of the characters know stuff about your character that YOU DO NOT KNOW!

It's fun! Let's roll with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Etiquette question.   Etiquette question. Empty

Back to top Go down

Etiquette question.
Page 1 of 1