Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Automating Hooks

Go down 
+3
Firehawk
Sephiroth9611
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sephiroth9611
Fledgling
Fledgling
Sephiroth9611

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:19 pm

Are there any plans circulating for a more formal system regarding hooks rather than the ad hoc familiarization that's gong on via Public?

We've got newbies who are learning about hooks for the first time and have no idea what they are. Unless this is going to be like 'Gulp gives you a dark secret,' a one shot thing for people on the channel at the time and any others who hear about it later, I think a room in Chargen needs to be dedicated to explaining what hooks are and then a command coded that automates the +request should the newbie want to opt into the system.
Back to top Go down
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:52 pm

Another small point along these lines.

I first found out my character had background history with another character when that character paged me their hook. I know it is a ton of paperwork to send out, but it would be cool if we notified both parties when we do something like that.
Back to top Go down
Firehawk
Wizard
Firehawk

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 5:14 pm

Everyone should have received their hooks.

Not all hooks mention the other players. Lots of you have secret hooks that mention other players.
Back to top Go down
Umbral Reaver
Vagrant
Vagrant
Umbral Reaver

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:22 pm

It does make me wonder if my character has past interactions with others that I don't know about.

"Several years back you killed Jill's husband in a fit of rage over proper gastropod nomenclature."

That sort of thing really should be sent to both players. Hopefully my secret hooks don't include something so drastic.
Back to top Go down
JohnSeever
Fledgling
Fledgling
JohnSeever

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:10 pm

Is there a way to check to see if we have any hooks? Or do we send in a +request and if so what is the choice? Misc and too who.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth9611
Fledgling
Fledgling
Sephiroth9611

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 10:15 am

Given the ongoing question of when hooks XP will be awarded, I think the question of automation could use a definite bump since it never got a definite answer.
Back to top Go down
JohnSeever
Fledgling
Fledgling
JohnSeever

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 2:52 pm

I am still waiting to find out who to contact on the mush to get some hooks added to my character.
Back to top Go down
Bonker
Fledgling
Fledgling

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Is there some particular reason why XP is not handed out as hooks are handed out? I would think it would be pretty easy to simply add 30 XP right after sending the @mail to the person.
Back to top Go down
Royal Jelly
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Royal Jelly

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:24 pm

JohnSeever wrote:
I am still waiting to find out who to contact on the mush to get some hooks added to my character.

Mentioned in another thread: Gulp, Tah, or any of the Storytellers.
Back to top Go down
Sephiroth9611
Fledgling
Fledgling
Sephiroth9611

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 4:25 pm

Bonker wrote:
Is there some particular reason why XP is not handed out as hooks are handed out? I would think it would be pretty easy to simply add 30 XP right after sending the @mail to the person.
Take that to the other thread. :)
Back to top Go down
Bonker
Fledgling
Fledgling

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 5:13 pm

That other thread seems to be more about trolling and flaming people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Automating Hooks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Automating Hooks   Automating Hooks Empty

Back to top Go down

Automating Hooks
Page 1 of 1