Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...

Go down 
+6
rcrantz
Royal Jelly
FoghornLeghorn
Umbral Reaver
Stalker1
Firehawk
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

My First Character Will Probably Be Aligned With the...
Sith Empire
Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... Vote_lcap19%Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... Vote_rcap
 19% [ 5 ]
Jedi Republic
Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... Vote_lcap26%Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... Vote_rcap
 26% [ 7 ]
Independent/Criminals
Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... Vote_lcap55%Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... Vote_rcap
 55% [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Firehawk
Wizard
Firehawk

Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... Empty
PostSubject: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:35 pm

I'm curious... no need to stick to your decision. But off the top of your head right now, for your first character on DH2 you will be aligned with the...

Feel free to post comments about why, but no need to. I'm just curious what people are thinking.
Back to top Go down
Stalker1
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Stalker1

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:43 pm

I would have liked to seen the poll as Sith, Jedi, Criminal, and Independent. Think that would give a bit better idea of what cross of players you will have.
Back to top Go down
Umbral Reaver
Vagrant
Vagrant
Umbral Reaver

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:44 pm

If I get the character I want, I'll be Sith. It should make a nice change from having been a mostly well-behaved Jedi for nearly a year.
Back to top Go down
Firehawk
Wizard
Firehawk

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Yeah, I thought about splitting "Criminal" with "Independent" but... it's kinda more "who do you show allegiance to: The Sith Empire, the Republic, or no one"
Back to top Go down
Stalker1
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Stalker1

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:53 pm

Ahh, ok. I didn't know if you were looking for a cross of what area the players were looking at or what. I stand corrected. Smile
Back to top Go down
Firehawk
Wizard
Firehawk

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 11:54 pm

ALSO I should note: It's the Sith Empire. Not necessarily a Sith Force User. Same for the Jedi Republic. Not necessarily a force user.

And I'm just doing it for fun. I think once more stuff is actually posted (like planets, faction info, more BG info, etc) then maybe Gulp can post an official one?
Back to top Go down
FoghornLeghorn
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
FoghornLeghorn

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 6:13 am

Galactic stuff will be off the scope of my char to start with...so...
Back to top Go down
Royal Jelly
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Royal Jelly

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 10:35 am

I'm rather flexible. If there was a need for a Hutt, I'd be a Hutt, if a Sith General needed a personal masseuse of Rodian variety, sure. Or, should some tragedy rid Vasatissa of its pretty princesses, someone must be brave enough to don a tiara!
Back to top Go down
rcrantz
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
rcrantz

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:16 pm

It still bothers me that we're emphasizing the worst part of the SW universe by building Force users into the names of the factions.
Back to top Go down
Mr.T
Wizard
Mr.T

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:34 pm

We didn't build the name of the Jedi into the Republic. Players did that and now it seems to be spreading.
Back to top Go down
rcrantz
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
rcrantz

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 4:57 pm

You have blood on your hands for Sith Empire, sir.
Back to top Go down
Mr.T
Wizard
Mr.T

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:06 pm

Guilty. Though in our defense it wasn't really planned out as the official name. It is just the name we used when brainstorming and it stuck.
Back to top Go down
rcrantz
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
rcrantz

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:09 pm

It's not too late to change it.
Back to top Go down
Firehawk
Wizard
Firehawk

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:11 pm

What's the worst part of the SW Universe?
Back to top Go down
rcrantz
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
rcrantz

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:13 pm

Force users--specifically Force users as portrayed in anything except the original trilogy, in which they follow a respectable narrative progression and aren't silly.
Back to top Go down
FoghornLeghorn
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
FoghornLeghorn

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:54 pm

Jedi Republic is a pretty lame name. Lets stick with New Republic or Republic or Al Harrington's Wacky Waving Arm Inflatable Tube Man Emporium
Back to top Go down
Mr.T
Wizard
Mr.T

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:54 pm

We have generally been using "New Republic", "Republic", or "Republic in Exile"
Back to top Go down
FoghornLeghorn
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
FoghornLeghorn

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyWed Jun 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Just wanted to make sure this didn't stick Wink
Back to top Go down
Mr.T
Wizard
Mr.T

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 9:26 am

I've heard that some folks are going independent because they think it is the easiest path to wealth and power. Far from it.

If you are looking for wealth and power then the Sith Empire is probably the way to go.
Back to top Go down
Stalker1
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Stalker1

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 10:29 pm

For me, Independent means just that. Gives me freedom so that I can play my character when and where I want to. Picking either Sith or Republic seems that the rolls are more canned and a "you have to do this" type of situation.

I am sure Staff has thought of this and I wonder what their thoughts on this.
Back to top Go down
Gulp
Game Owner
Gulp

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 11:19 pm

Classic Empire types: Darth Vader, Admiral Piet
Classic Republic types: Luke Skywalker, Princess Leia, Obi-Wan Kenobi
Classic independents: Han Solo (for the first half of ANH), Lando Calrissian, Jabba the Hutt, Boba Fett

I wouldn't say there's more freedom in not being aligned with the two major organizations. It's a tradeoff; you gain freedom in some areas and lose it in others.

Our guide, as ever, should be our canon. Exhibit A:

HAN: Aren't you afraid the Empire's going to find out about this little operation and shut you down?

LANDO: That's always been a danger looming like a shadow over everything we've built here. But things have developed that will insure security. I've just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of here forever.

-- fast forward --

VADER: Good. See to it that he finds his way here. Calrissian, take the princess and the Wookiee to my ship.

LANDO: You said they'd be left in the city under my supervision!

VADER: I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further.
Back to top Go down
Stalker1
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Stalker1

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyThu Jun 04, 2009 11:35 pm

Sounds good and I understand what you are saying.

I was more speaking of the day to day lives. As I have not learned anything and this is all speculation of what I have read here on these forums and that has not been much on this subject, I am ignorant of what to expect.

But what I don't want is some one in the Sith/Republic command to tell me that I have to do this, go do that, be here or be there. In my thinking Independents have the freedom. I want to visit the Rim, cool. I want to visit the Republic, cool. I want to visit the Sith, ok. As long as I haven't done anything to one of the groups I am good to go.

Where on the other side of the coin I am Sith then I better watch it going to the Republic, can upset the Republic folks, or the Sith folks. Same for Republic.
Back to top Go down
Bakrak
Fledgling
Fledgling

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:49 am

I think the idea that independents have 'freedom' is a bit off the wall. Independents have the option to not participate in big battle or choose sides in a conflict, which can always be nice. However, Independents are ultimately held to the whims of whosoever controls the worlds they operate on. While paying your taxes, not breaking any laws will probably get you a long way to keeping your independence on a Republic world... I would doubt that to be the case with the Sith. Afterall, the Sith are pure evil. If you show promise in something... and it is something they want/need, than I would fully expect a Sith Empire minion to come knocking on your door and 'ask' you for a 'favor'. Evil is out to corrupt everyone... especially if you are/have something they might need. I don't want to see the Sith Empire played like the 'evil' we often get on DH1. I want those people to be ruthless, cunning, and aggressive, period. The Empire should be something for everyone to respect through fear. Admittedly, that cause could be a merchant on one of their worlds is doing really well in a certain trade (and not currently working directly with the Empire)... and they impose a 'tax' on them to keep operating. I would also expect something like this on a 'Rim' world where local crime lords, pirates, etc. are the likely de facto rulers.

As a general note, I am one of the few that voted to join the Empire... in whatever name it is given.

Last edited by Bakrak on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Stalker1
SWDH Fan
SWDH Fan
Stalker1

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:53 am

Well, as I said...with absolutely no knowledge but what I have read here on the Forum then I have nothing to base this one but my perceptions. I know there are others that have more knowledge, they have a leg up in this.

I also said that what I have heard so far has based my decision, but that is subject to change as more information is given to the masses. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gulp
Game Owner
Gulp

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... EmptyFri Jun 05, 2009 12:58 am

Expect the Sith to rule the galaxy with an iron hand ... at least, where they can get away with it.

Expect them to be threatening ... but if you know the right Sith, you should be able to play them off against each other.

As an undecided, you will often have to trim your sails with the wind. Should you be good-oriented, you will often end up aiding the Republic rather than the Empire. Should you be more selfishly-oriented, the Empire will get its hooks in you; greed is the largest door inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...   Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or... Empty

Back to top Go down

Sith Empire or Jedi Republic Or...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next