Star Wars: Dark Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums to the MUSH: SWDH

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Chase Rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rcrantz
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
rcrantz

Chase Rules Empty
PostSubject: Chase Rules   Chase Rules EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:28 pm

As detailed in 'news chase', there are some rudimentary rules laid out for chase scenes, which is all well and good &c &c except for a few problems.

Most notably, and I think vital to making chases fun instead of just synonymous with 'basically like an +escape that doesn't work all the time': the rule 'when the chase is over, whoever wins has WON' kind of ruins the chance of a dramatic chase scene, and means there's no real reason for a person not to pursue. I think it should read, instead, that, if the pursuer catches up, then the pursuee can no longer attempt to escape without an +escape, but normal combat can ensue. This is significantly more exciting, and creates danger on both sides, and prevents the need to call a storyteller in the likely event the pursuer wants to kill his opponent outright.

Less notably, but still significant, it should be possible to exchange shots on a chase. What makes a chase scene more dramatic than shots being fired back and forth, or even just only one way? I would recommend that shots fired increases the difficulty of checks by one level for whoever is shooting. Obviously, melee weapons are not likely to be useful in a chase, and some Force powers aren't, either, but blasters go so perfectly with dramatic chase scenes.
Back to top Go down
Firehawk
Wizard
Firehawk

Chase Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Rules   Chase Rules EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:43 pm

Good ideas.

I'll look at tweaking them a bit.
Back to top Go down
rcrantz
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
Hopeless SWDH Fanatic
rcrantz

Chase Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Rules   Chase Rules EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:57 pm

Also, there should be a list of possible checks that one can make--I recommend Streetwise, Survival, and Athletics (with restrictions based on the appropriateness of the environment &c).

EDIT: said list should clearly not be comprehensive, but those three make the most sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chase Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chase Rules   Chase Rules Empty

Back to top Go down

Chase Rules
Page 1 of 1